Kapiti-Mana Branch of Forest and Bird has an active Kiwi Conservation Club (KCC). It's awesome.
They also meet up with other KCC members from the wider Wellington region to have adventures together.
Over the past while KCC has visited :
- Ngā Manu to learn about lizards
- Te Papa to learn about interesting critters
- Mana Island for lots of different fun activities
- Otari-Wilton's Bush to see glow worms
- Pauatahanui Inlet to learn about shellfish
Most of KCC's communications happen by email to club members or on Facebook.
This is a great way to get involved, meet like-minded friends and explore new places and subjects.
If you're not yet a member, you can find out more on how to join on the KCC page on Forest and Bird's website.
(Grandparents and parents can join up their young uns' and give them a great opportunity to get out and explore.)
Too old for KCC?
Have you heard about
What can you do
What you can do in 5 minutes
- Visit https://kcc.org.nz/
- Sign kids up to becoma a KCC member
- If you are 14-25 years, join Youth Hub or email firstname.lastname@example.org